The city administration of Jena is looking for committed trainees. We offer you a high-quality and varied training with good chances of being taken on.
Applicants should note the following information when applying for a training or study place:
- Always observe the requirements profile of the advertisement.
- Keep to the application deadline.
- Applications without an advertisement will not be saved for later procedures and will lead to a rejection.
- You will receive information on the processing of your data by the Jena city administration within the framework of the selection procedure with ther confirmation of receipt of your application.
- The applicants who are admitted to the structured selection procedure are those who appear to be the most suitable, taking into account the report marks to be compared according to the field of training, i.e. on the basis of the school-leaving certificate required for the respective training.
- We would like to support young people on their way from school to vocational training and therefore offer the Training and studyplaces are offered primarily to school leavers.
- Severely disabled persons will be given preferential consideration if they are equally qualified. We need to be informed that you are severely disabled or have an equal status in order to be able to take your rights into account in accordance with the Ninth Social Code (SGB IX). Therefore, please inform us of this in your application.
- We believe in equal opportunities and diversity. That's why we look forward to receiving your application regardless of your ethnicity, skin color, social background, religion and ideology, sexual orientation, physical and mental abilities, gender and age.
- If you are interested in more than one of the advertised apprenticeships, please submit a separate application for each.
A good or very good secondary school leaving certificate is required for the apprenticeships and a good A-levels for the degree courses.
We are looking for applicants who:
- are committed and able to work independently,
- enjoy contact with people,
- have good communication skills and
- are able to work in a team.
The application procedure
- Review of applications received and pre-selection.
- Online aptitude test.
- Invitation to interview.
- Acceptance / rejection of training position.
- Signing of contract / appointment certificate.
Application by mail or e-mail
Direct contact with our applicants is important to us and takes place primarily by e-mail. Therefore, we ask you to include an e-mail address and telephone number in your application where you can be reached. Confirmation of receipt will only be sent by e-mail.
In our selection process you will have to take a theoretical online test. You will also receive the access data by e-mail when you are admitted to the selection procedure.
In order to ensure a quick, easy and cost-effective procedure, we ask you to apply preferably by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Attachments to e-mail applications can only be accepted in PDF format (max. 5 MB). Other formats will not be processed due to the potential risk of viruses. As a result, the application will be rejected.
However, we will of course also accept your application by post:
Municipality of Jena
Personnel Development TeamAm Anger 15
In case of postal applications, we kindly ask you not to submit any original documents. If the application documents are to be returned, please enclose a sufficiently stamped envelope. Please use a transparent envelope instead of an application folder.
Application documents to be submitted
- Cover letter
- own address
- Complete address of the training company (correct contact person) Indication of the field of training
- Reason for application (source of job advertisement)
- Brief description of your own current situation (school, expected graduation)
- Reasons for interest in the desired apprenticeship position (What skills and motivation do you have for this occupation?)
- Request for an invitation to a personal interview
- Reference to attachments
- Curriculum vitae in tabular form
- Personal details (name, date and place of birth, full address, e-mail address, telephone number, marital status, name and profession of parents)
- Information on school education (with dates and degrees)
- Internships completed
- Qualifications, experience and skills (e.g. language or computer skills)
- Interests and hobbies
- current copies of school reports
- Proof of internships
Please note that any application costs incurred (e.g. for participation in aptitude tests or interviews) will not be reimbursed.
Online aptitude test
In the online-based aptitude test, you can expect tasks from the areas of: General knowledge (e.g. history, geography, politics and economics), German, mathematics and logic as well as job-specific questions. Once you have successfully completed the pre-selection, we will send you the access data for the online test. You do not have to take the test in one go. You are free to spend as much time as you like working through the task blocks, but we ask you to complete the entire test within 14 days of receiving your login.
In the interview, you can now convince us of your personal qualities. The first impression is usually what counts. You should therefore be punctual, wear appropriate clothing and approach the matter with a positive charisma and an open attitude. In addition, it is very important in a personal interview to speak clearly, maintain eye contact and let the interviewer finish. You can underline your interest in the training occupations by asking questions.
In the interview, you will first be given a task with job-specific questions that you have to complete within about 30 minutes. This task will later be evaluated in a personal interview. We will also ask you questions about yourself, your motivation, your education and your city. The interview usually lasts between 30 and 45 minutes.