The three-year training program takes the form of a practice-oriented course of study at the Gera-Eisenach Cooperative State University. Every three months, you will be assigned to varied internships at the city administration.
The content of the dual study program focuses on social work/social pedagogy, methodical exercises as well as the basics of administration and law. The course concludes with a Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) degree.
We are looking for you from 01.10. The advertisement takes place annually from 01.09. to 30.11. for the coming training year.
- have at least a general higher education entrance qualification or a technical college entrance qualification with an overall average of 3.0 or better and
- can express yourself well orally and in writing and are fit on the PC
- like to work independently and are committed
- are empathetic and willing to cooperate
- meet the needs of younger and older people in an appreciative manner and are aware of your responsibilities
With us, you can expect tasks that will challenge you!
During your studies, you will work in a variety of areas, such as the Youth Welfare Service, the Youth and Education Service and the Social Services Service.
Your professional activities will include supporting, assisting and advising families, children, young people and older people. You plan assistance systematically and competently according to legal regulations. You will be assigned a specific task, for which you will prepare a written project.
Typical applicationseafter graduation are:
- Employee in youth centres
- Work as a social worker or street social worker, e.g. in the guardianship authority, in the refugee affairs and transitional housing team, in the general or special social service team, in the child and youth welfare facility team, in the juvenile court and youth vocational assistance team or in the youth work/youth social work team
- Very good opportunities for further training with a wide range of support from the employer
- Guarantee of employment in case of good performance
- from 2000 to 2020, all trainees were offered a permanent job