The higher service is a career group in German civil service law.
The training always starts on 01.09. and lasts a total of three years. The advertisement takes place annually from 01.09. to 30.11. for the coming training year unless otherwise stated.
During the training you are a municipal inspector candidate on revocation and thus a civil servant with all rights and duties. After successful completion of your training, you will be awarded the degree of Diplom-Verwaltungswirt/-in (FH).
- be a German citizen or a citizen of another member state of the European Union
- have the entrance qualification for studies at a university of applied sciences, another higher education entrance qualification or an educational level recognised as equivalent, or achieve this before the recruitment date
- meet the legal requirements for appointment as a civil servant
You should also be interested in:
- legal knowledge and applications of law,
- independent work,
- an affinity for written work,
- clerical and administrative work,
- handling data and figures,
- economic contexts,
- data processing
Structure of the training
|Practical introduction||0.5 months|
|Basic studies (with intermediate examination)||7.5 months|
|Internship I||6.0 months|
|Main studies (with start of diploma thesis)||7.5 months|
|Internship II||6.0 months|
|Final studies||6.0 months|
|Final internship||2.5 months|
The theoretical training takes place within the framework of a university of applied sciences course at the Thuringian University of Applied Administrative Sciences in Gotha.
There is the possibility of taking up boarding accommodation in the attached hall of residence during the study period.
What subjects do I have to study during the training?
- Law (constitutional law, civil law, municipal law, general administrative law, etc.)
- Economics (business administration, economics, public finance, etc.)
- Social sciences (political science, psychology, sociology, etc.)
- Other teaching areas (administration, methodology, statistics, information technology, etc.)
During your internship you will work in different departments of the city administration of Jena, for example:
- Citizen and family service
- Building regulations
- Personnel department
- Social services
- Civil status and residence law
- Own business Jenarbeit
Diplom-Verwaltungswirte/-innen can be employed in all areas of general public administration.
You are mainly active in administrative functions and deal, for example, with approval procedures for building projects. However, you can also perform cross-sectional functions within an office or authority and deal, for example, with budgeting/finance, human resources, organisation or data processing.