Applicants for training as a senior fire inspector (senior fire service) are trained as required by the fire service. They are recruited as civil servants on a revocable basis. Career training begins with the basic course on the first working day in April. The advertisement takes place in August for the coming training year.
Recruitment requirements according to ThürFwLAPO are:
- not yet reached the age of 35 on the date of recruitment,
- at least a degree from a university of applied sciences or a comparable degree in a field suitable for the career,
- personal suitability for appointment as a civil servant on revocation,
- no health restrictions with regard to working for a professional fire brigade,
- possession of a driving licence class B (class C is desirable) as well as
- reliability, sense of responsibility and ability to work in a team.
Structure of the training
- Basic training course
- Practical training in the fire service with external sections,
- B III course (group leader for professional fire brigades) and
- B IV final course with career examination (platoon leader for professional fire brigades).
The basic course is carried out by the professional fire brigade in Jena. The practical training takes place at the fire brigade and at other professional fire brigades in Germany.
The B III and all other fire brigade technical courses take place at the Thuringian State Fire Brigade and Disaster School Bad Köstritz (TLFKS). The B IV course is held at a professional fire brigade in Germany, depending on the availability of a place.
In principle, applications can only be considered after a public vacancy has been advertised. The vacancies for fire chief candidates are advertised on a rotational basis from the beginning of August to mid-September. You will find the current advertisement in this period in our job exchange as well as in the local daily press.
Your application documents consist of:
- Letter of application,
- a curriculum vitae in table form,
- a copy of your school leaving certificate,
- if applicable, a copy of the vocational training certificate (skilled worker's or journeyman's certificate),
- Copy of university degree
- Copy of driving licence,
- If applicable, copies of professional recognition as a paramedic or proof of training as a paramedic.
- If applicable, copies of course certificates from the volunteer fire brigade (promotion certificates are not necessary).
Send these to:
Municipality of Jena
Personnel Development Team
At the Anger 15
An application by e-mail to email@example.com is also possible.
Suitability selection procedure
After the closing date for applications, the Personnel Department will issue an invitation to the aptitude selection procedure. The following modules must be passed successfully:
- Theory test
- Sports test
- Practical test
- Swimming test
- Personality test
- Job interview
You can find more information about the selection process on the website of the fire department Jena. There you can download the handbook Sporttest for preparation. In the run-up to the test we recommend a targeted preparation.